Search This Blog

WELCOME!!!

Welcome and thank you for visiting my blog!

Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday Made It (#4, for me!)


Monday Made It..... Oh how I love thee! Seriously, this linky makes you complete all of those projects that you have been putting off forever. If you don't finish them, you won't have anything to share. So once again, I'm linking up with Tara over at 4th Grade Frolics to share what I've worked on over the weekend. So let's get to it!

                                  
This was a Pintrest-inspired project. After clicking on the link, I found that it was created by Marie over at The Hands-On Teacher In First. She has an awesome blog and some lovely zebra themed projects. :)

          
These are my objective signs. I think I'm going to add some ribbon for hanging them. I purchased the tubs from Target and made my the labels with the rainbow zebra theme. I got this idea from the Down Under Teacher. She has a great blog! They will be used for math centers. I changed the name of the labels a little though, still sticking with the T.I.M.E acronym. You should really check out her blog to read more about how she uses them in her classroom. I'm really excited about implementing it into my classroom.

         
I saw the button idea on Pintrest as well. The link led to Miss Kranz.  At my school, it is mandatory to follow our reading program, Reading Street... yea, I know. I made these buttons as an incentive for scoring well on the weekly selection tests and the benchmark tests. The second picture shows my hall passes. I used keychains to make these. I have to buy more lanyards to attach to the others... or I could make my own using ribbon... I think I might do that! :)

                      
Brownie Points!!!! I can't wait to share this with my kiddos!!! I'm sure you've seen this everywhere! I found the picture of the brownie in Google Images... printed and laminated. I tried to make the background of the letters look like brownies. :)

                     
Here are envelopes that I laminated as part of my classroom economy. My students will use these to store their zebra bucks! Zebra bucks you ask???? I made my own money!!! I love how they turned out. I printed the different amounts on colored paper. I still have to cut them out.....60 pages.... UGH!!!

                     

Here are the accelerated reader punchcards I made!!! Rainbow Zebra!

                    

Lastly, here are my guided reading sticks! I purchased the buckets at Hobby Lobby and added the labels to them. 
                    

I have so much to do today. I will check with you all later. Happy Monday!!!!











33 comments:

  1. Girl you were BUSY!!! I mean, I thought I had had a busy week, but wow! I too have those buttons, and totally forgot about making them! Next week, next week. Love how yours turned out. I do a classroom economy too and I LOVE your little pouches. I usually just give my kids envelopes! haha.. but yours are way cooler! Great work! Cannot wait to see your blog next Monday! :)

    Amanda
    redseventeen@gmail.com
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Busy... YES!!! The "pouches" are envelopes. The came in a box of DIY invitations that I never used so I added the numbers and laminated them.

      Delete
  2. All of your stuff is always so cute! I especially love the guided reading stick idea today! Going to have to try that one! Thanks again for sharing :)

    -Krista
    The Second Grade Superkids

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were one busy lady!
    Drop by anytime :)

    Tracy

    Creekside Teacher Tales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy. Thanks for stopping by. I love your safari theme. I'm your newest follower. :)

      Delete
  4. I am always so excited for Monday Made it just to see what goodies you've been busy making!! Everything is so cute! I love that it all ties in with your zebra theme!! I've done a zebra theme the past 2 years, but not everything matched. I'm really working on that this year!! Your blog always gives me great ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary! You're so sweet! I figured that I better make it all match now because I plan to stick with this theme for a while. :)

      Delete
  5. I love, love, love zebra print too! I really like your AR cards! Great idea...I will have to make some! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the buttons. I have toyed with the idea of getting a button maker for years. Your post might make me get one this year. Thanks for your ideas.
    Modern Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Perrine! I didn't use a button maker to make those. I just purchased the buttons from Hobby Lobby. There are 2 or 3 in a pack for $1.99. All I had to do was pop the back off and add my scrapbook paper and wording. Easy and cheap!

      Delete
  7. Wow, you have been busy!!! I do classroom money too! A fun way to motivate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got sooooo many projects done!!! Wow! They are all great and all super cute!!! Thanks for linking up:)))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  9. That rainbow zebra might be my favorite thing EVER right now haha

    Nice job!

    Anisa
    Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the AR cards and the fun, colorful zebra border! Where do you find these borders and fonts? What program do you use to make them?? I plan on doing this for my class as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Word. Send me your email address and I will send you the file for mine if you want to use them.

      Delete
  11. Hi Shernika! I love the AR punch cards!! I was going to have to purchase from Vista Print because I didn't know you could make. Could you send me the link to buy your document or maybe send it to me at randi.morrison@forneyisd.net. They are perfect for what we want!! So excited I stumbled on them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I don't have a TPT or TN store. I don't mind sending the file to you. Sending it now. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  12. I nominated your blog for an award! Stop by and pick it up.

    Ashley
    Adventures of 5th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Shernika! I was wondering if you would post the questions you included on your guided reading sticks. I would love to make them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. What's your email address? I will send you the file.

      Delete
    2. zoidy001@comcast.net

      Thanks so so much!! : )

      Delete
  14. Oh, I love your zebra things!!! And, thanks for the shout out! I just replied to your post on my blog.

    I'm so glad you found me and now I can follow your blog too!

    Marie
    The Hands-On Teacher in First!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of your crafts... super cute. Thank you for sharing all of your pictures!!

    Your newest follower,
    Hope
    teachingwhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the idea of a punch card for AR points. Would you mind explaining to me how you use them? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! Could you send me your AR Card file? I LOVE these!! So creative! Thanks! s.querns@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to have the AR Card too! I'm a librarian and have been looking for something like this to use with our school. :) eesmith@okcps.org

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Shernika! I was wondering if you could email me the questions you included on your guided reading sticks. I would love to make them for my classroom! ssivier@bloomfield.org Thanks

    ReplyDelete